
My sweet Grandma passed away early Friday morning. Over the past few weeks I have been able to spend a lot of time with her and for that I am extremely grateful. Ian and I have been to see her almost every other day for the past month and I learned a lot about my Grandma during these visits. Even with all of the hardships that have faced her when we would enter the room she would immediately be concerned about how we were doing that day and would always have a smile on her face. Thursday night I had a strong impression that we needed to head over to visit. I am so glad that we were able to go over that night and spend a few hours in her company. I hate that a lot of times it takes something sad to make you remember how important family is. I am so grateful for the life lessons that my grandma taught me and will not forget what a great influence she was on my life. I hope that I can take a few of the qualities that she taught me by example and apply them to my life. I hope I look this good at 89.
4 comments:
What a darling grandma...I still remember and feel the influence of my grandmas in my life.
She looks/sounds like a great person. Sorry about your loss.
Your grandma was beautiful! I am glad you got to spend some time with her before she passed away! I am sorry for your loss. She seemed like a neat lady!
She is beautiful! So sorry but I am glad you said goodbye!
Post a Comment