Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Apple Pie Caramel Apples











These bad boys taste a lot like the ones at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory so I decided I must share. Here is the what you will need......

5 Granny Smith Apples

1 Bag Kraft Caramel's

2 TBSP. water

1 bag white chocolate chips

3/4 TBSP. oil

Sugar and Cinnamon

Wash apples and remove stems. Allow to dry completely. Insert Popsicle sticks (these come with the caramel's) into the top of the apple. Melt all caramel's with water in a sauce pan on low heat stirring constantly. Heavily butter a cookie sheet to place caramel apples on. When caramel is completely melted you are ready to dip. I like to tip the sauce pan to one side and Roll the apples in it. You won't be able to get the top so you can just spoon the caramel onto the top half. Allow excess caramel to drip back into pan and then scrape the bottom of the apple so it will sit flat. Allow apples to cool in fridge for about 20 minutes.




While cooling mix a small amount of cinnamon and sugar together for sprinkling. When the caramel has hardened remove apples from fridge. Place about half of the bag of chips in microwave safe bowl and melt in microwave. I do about 20 seconds at a time stirring in between so that they don't burn. Remove melted chocolate from microwave and add oil to make it a little easier to use. Spoon chocolate onto apples covering with a thin layer of white chocolate. Next sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture all over the outside of the apple. Put apples back onto cookie sheet and let chill until chocolate has hardened. Remove from fridge and let sit for about 20 minutes before serving. This is Ian's new favorite dessert.




6 comments:

Ty and Holly said...

Those look so yummy! I'll have to make some for sure.

Kelli said...

Yummy I love caramel apples I will try this

Parry's said...

K I love these from rocky mountain chocolate factory. So i am going to try to make my own. Thanks!

Bethers said...

These look very professional. I love the tart and sweet together.

Mama Mia said...

YUMMMMMMY! Such a great fall dessert!

Maeve said...

Yummy. I do love a caramel apple.