Monday through Friday we start to feel a little bad because Lilly is by herself all day. So we have made it our goal on weekends to do as many activities as possible that involve Lilly so she doesn't have to spend more time at home alone. This weekend we made almost every activity something that she could participate in. This past weekend we both took Friday off for a vacation that later fell through. Since we already had the day off we decided to take advantage of it and go hiking in Mill creek Canyon. We had a lot of fun on a pretty easy hike. It was a really nice temperature and really pretty. After our hike we had a picnic up the canyon. I had sort of forgot this canyon existed and we were excited to see how close it was to us. That night we went to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Tepanyaki. We were really disappointed to find out that they raised their already expensive prices. (Lilly did not participate in this activity) On a side note, I can not stand to have a dirty dog. Lilly gets a bath at least a few times a week. When we got home from hiking it was straight to the bathtub for bath number one of the weekend. Saturday we decided to take Lilly and Izze(my parents puppy) to the Sandy puppy park. Lilly and Izze were the smallest ones there but they had a lot of fun playing with the big dogs. They also had a lot of fun running in the mud so they went straight into the bath number two of the weekend when we got to my parents. We didn't think they would do good together in the bath tub but they were actually really well behaved. This was their first bath together so I had to snap a picture. Sunday we decides to head back up Millcreek for some more hiking and a BBQ with my family. We got up there at about 3 o'clock and didn't get home until about 9. We are looking forward to the opening of the top half of the canyon next week so we can go hike to Dog Lake with the puppies. Who knows if they will swim but it will be fun anyways. While we were up they canyon these stupid flies would not leave us alone. They especially loved Lilly so we sprayed her down with bug spray, which leads us to bath number three. I don't know about you but I think I have the cleanest dog around. Three baths in three days............I think that's more than a lot of people bathe. 

Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That looks so pretty. Maybe Brad, Miles and I should go up there.
I love hiking! That looks like so much fun!
That is why I love Lilly...CLEAN! What a good Mommy you are! Fun hikes!
The hiking looks great. Lilly has a great life!
I hope Lilly takes as good care of you when you are old as you have taken care of her in her youth.
She will Jon, she will!
Post a Comment