Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lilly Loo is turning two!




Today is Lilly's second birthday! I woke up this morning to Ian singing Happy Birthday to Lilly at 4:00 AM. We are both off tomorrow, so we are going to take Lilly to the puppy park and also to Petsmart to pick out a few presents. Lilly has honestly been a huge part of our lives for the past two years. She has brought more joy and laughter than anyone can imagine. She has the sweetest disposition and the funniest personality. She is so good with kids and babies and also very obedient. We are lucky to have such a good dog.

People always ask us why we celebrate her birthday when she doesn't understand what's going on? My answer is as follows. Why do we all wrap up presents and put them under the tree on Christmas morning for a 3 month old baby? The answer,because we enjoy doing it. It is not so much that the baby understands what is going on or even cares, but the adults have fun doing it. And we have fun celebrating Lilly's birthday, even if she doesn't know why she gets to have such a fun day. Happy Birthday Lilly May!

9 comments:

Jon said...

Man you Johnston's make me laugh. Happy Birthday Lily. Gees Ira turned one and Jon and I ditched town on his birthday. I guess we have a lot to learn from dedicated parents.

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Lilly May

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you two do when you have a human baby!

Roethel Clan said...

That's my Grand-dog...gets more attention than I do on my BD and we share the same BD..don't think we look much alike though..She definately resembles IAN!! LOL
HAPPY B DAY LILLY MAY!!

Mormon411 said...

Has it ever occured to you that the LDS church might not be true? http://mormon411.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Lily is so cute! Happy Birthday! I think it's funny that Ian was singing Happy Birthday to her at 4 am...so funny.

Brooke said...

I completely understand the "pets are like kids" way of thinking. Lilly is way cute, Happy Birthday puppy!

Ty said...

I have never seen a dog sleep on you or Ian's lap quite like Lucy. I think she's half human.

Johnston Family said...

Happy Birthday Lilly! For Boscos 1st birthday, Micah and I went to Maddox...by ourselves. That is the only birthday we have acknowledged! Every year the girls are concerned about when Bosco's birthday is and want to throw him a party!