Friday, August 3, 2007
A bad luck Streak!
So.......unfortunately Ian and I have ran into a bit of bad luck the last couple of weeks. If it isn't one thing it's another. I literally was talking to my friend Tara and told her "if one more thing goes wrong for us this week I'm going to lose it". Well I spoke to soon......When I got home from work I was doing my usual Thursday night cleaning when I noticed a big black patch on the wall of our basement bedroom. I immediately new what it was....how you ask did I know? Well on Monday we received our monthly water bill but to my surprise it was almost $300!!!!! This was a huge shock to me considering this bill is normally about $50. So we called the water company to have them re-read the meter thinking they had made a mistake. Well they didn't, and this brings us back to the black patch on the wall. I called Ian down and we got a rag and wiped it off but it smells really sour.....So we cut a small hole in the sheet rock and everything behind it was wet. We kept making the hole bigger and bigger until we had uncovered a big mess. We have water leaking in through our foundation and onto the drywall. Not only is it wet but it is all moldy. The mold is all over the drywall, the insulation and the plywood that attaches to the brick on the outside of our house. We tore out all the drywall and insulation because it will all have to be replaced. The biggest problem is we still don't know where the leak is coming from . Now we just get to wait to find out what kind of damage this is going to do to the wallet. FUN FUN FUN!!!!! I'm usually not superstitious but does anyone have a four leaved clover or something?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
OH NO! I am so sorry! Let us know what is happening. What a big pain!
Let us know if we can help, you know a family fix-it project day or night. It seems like things like this come in clusters. Do you want us to come out and take a look?
Do you have a home warranty on your home? You might be able to get the sellers to pay if it has been less then a year from the time you bought your home! The reason I know is we had a home that was over 150 years old in Morgan. I had a great sigh of relieve when our year was over! We paid a home warranty for our buyers so we both would be protected in a situation such as yours! This comment is turning into a novel! Let us know if we can help! The thing with bad luck streaks is there is a good luck streak right around the corner!
Wow, that suck.
Well, atleast Ian is a plummer...right?
Post a Comment