Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Taylor Kaye Roethel


We are very excited about the arrival of my newest cousin Taylor Kaye Roethel born on June 3 at 8:10 pm on a bench in front of Chili's. Yes you heard me right, after a trip to the hospital earlier in the day the doctors told my Aunt Jessica and Uncle Paul to come back when her contractions were closer together and more regular. They told her it would be several hours before she needed to check in. Well on the way back the expectant parents and the other kids(Dalton 6 and Morgan 3)along with my Grandpa Carl and Jess's mom Leslie decided to stop at Chili's to grab a bite. Well needless to say the doctors were wrong. Before even ordering Jess knew it was time and the baby was delivered on a bench in front of Chili's by Jess's mom. The ambulance arrived about 3 minutes later. The cord was cut and tied with a shoelace. Jess is doing well besides a little embarrassment that about 30 strangers saw a very private moment. Congrats to them!!!! We love you guys!!!

8 comments:

Mama Mia said...

What an amazing birth! Taylor will always have a great story to tell! She is beautiful!

Ty and Holly said...

Oh my gosh that is sooo crazy!!! She is adorable though..and way to go to her mom for being such a strong woman through all of that. I don't know if I could ever do it natural...though I guess she didn't have a choice :) But hey Chilis is my favorite!!! Good choice of location :)

Carly said...

4 words: That freaks me out!

Ian, Kels & Lilly said...

I know isn't that the freakiest thing ever.......If that doesn't curve my baby hungry appetite I don't know what will......:)

Jessica Oakley said...

I'm sorry...what??? I can't wipe this dazed and confused look off my face...

Well, she's dang cute for being born on a bench outside of a restaurant.

Bethers said...

What a story! That will certainly be fun to tell....beautiful baby! Kels..Let's celebrate your birthday there again with Holly!

Johnston Family said...

Beautiful Baby! I can see how she would make you baby hungry. For the first time I am greatful for my scheduled early c-sections. Was the father there when the baby was born? I am happy to hear you are baby hungry. Maybe we can get some more cousins around here. You and Ian are so cute that your babies will be darling!

SUMMER said...

Hello- I can't believe this birth story! How did it happen so fast? Where do these people live? SO crazy! Tell Ian Hello- I am a good family friend from years ago. ~Summer